Problem: Loading New Char...

From: S. Mead (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU)
Date: 03/05/98

    I am stuck on this bug I am having...  When some people come on and
make a char my mud crashes with this error in the log

SYSERR: NULL or NOWHERE in handler.c, char_from_room

So I found this section in char_from_room that calls the error:

if (ch == NULL || ch->in_room == NOWHERE) {
    log("SYSERR: NULL or NOWHERE in handler.c, char_from_room");
    exit(1);    <-  What does this command do?
  }

I found that char_from_room is called in nanny when the player hits '1'
to enter, this is that section of code:

/*  It doesn't crash when I comment this out, but then it doesnt save
any of the character's equipment either....
      if ((load_result = Crash_load(d->character)))  <<<---  What does
this mean?
  if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) < LVL_IMMORT && !PLR_FLAGGED(d->character,
PLR_FROZEN)) {
    char_from_room(d->character);
    char_to_room(d->character, load_room);
  }*/

I am a little confused on what load_result is before the above if
statement, I traced load_result back to its last declatation and I found
it here in CON_QCLASS:

load_result = parse_class(*arg);

I think I am getting myself lost :)
Does anyone have some insight for me?