Greetings Screen help.

From: -¥=Çlärk Këñt=¥- (chewie@T-LINK.NET)
Date: 03/06/98

   Okay, this is probably pretty simple, but I can't seem to get it to work.
I've been wanting to do a colored greetings screen for a long time, and
realized that for some reason if I color it (with the color code I use), it
crashes due to somthing about it being called up in comm.c, so I decided to
resolve this by making GREETINGS be called up in interpreter.c, The problem
is that in comm.c is where the person who logs in gets sent to, and would
normally type in their name, and press enter. So now when you log in, you
must press enter, then the log on screen appears, and you type your name, and
press enter. What I wanted to know, is if there's a way to either get around
having to press enter at that call in comm.c, or is there an escape sequence
I can put in the command prompt that pretty much presses enter for the
person?

Thanx
                                                 \         /
                                                |\\  / \  //|
    _._,_._,_._      |\           _._,_._,_._      \ /|\ /
   dOOOOOOOOOOOb     \\\         dOOOOOOOOOOOb   ~|.\ | /.|~
   OOOXXXXXXXOOO      \\\        9OOOOOOOOOOOOb |  \/   \/  |
   `9OOOXXXOOOP' dOOb  dOOOOOb    OOOP     9OOOb \  dOOOOb /dOOb
      /|OXO' , . OOOO dOOO\OOOb   OOO       9OOO  dOOP  9ObdOOOP
   /||.|)O( `_*_'9OOObOO  \9OOO _~OOO~__     9OO dOOP. ./9OOOOP
  |.||/.OXO.////, OOOOP    \OOP\o OOO o/      dOO OOO())(  OOOO
  |/dOOOXXXOOOb==*OOOO      OO.  -OOOb      dOOO 9OOb)()(dOOOOb
   OOOXXXXXXXOOO dOOOOb    dOOOb dOOOOOOOOOOOOOP  9O)((OOOOP`OOb
    9OOOOOOOOOP_ 9OOOOP    9OOOP 9OOOOOOOOOOOOP   ())(OOOOOP()9OP