Re: Regarding dynamic boards

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/07/98

> Also, I implemented easy color (\c##) and have been using it, and it
> would crash
> because it would try to create a (dynamic) board with a negative vnum.
> I modified the tilde
> code Akira the Raging Coder put up to switch out backslashes and stuff.
> It works great,
> if you need it, I can give it to you.

        Hm. A negative vnum? Though I'm not very familair with the board
code, I'd guess that your error probably lies somewhere else.  From what
I've heard, the boards are created in two ways... either they're read in
from a directory - where' they're saved by number ... no color codes
there... or they're created when someone looks at an object with a
item_board flag on it.. in which case, the object has to exist
already...couldn't be negative...

        Although, I heard this rumor about people not creating a boards
directory (as lib/etc/boards) like it says in the readme file and getting
comprable errors.  Wouldn't know about that though.

                                                        PjD