Re: [CODE] Highest mort level

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 03/09/98

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Clark Kent wrote:

->Hello there,
->   Well I've been messin with Circle for around a year now, and am pretty
->familiar with it, I'm not a good coder by far, but have done some AWSOME things
->with what I know.

Hey, chalk one up for modesty...

->This thing though was pointed out to me today, and that's the fact
->that all my level 40 guys (my mud has 6 god levels, and 40 mort
->levels) can level into the wizard level (level 41). I have no idea
->where the coding is that specifies when and where a person stops
->leveling.

RTFC.  It really can only be in two places: the exp gaining functions
or the level advancement functions.  As it turns out, it's in gain_exp
and gain_exp_regardless in limits.c,

  while (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT &&

should be changed to,

  while (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT-1 &&

But, it's stock behavior to be able to become an immortal.

-dak