Re: C++ (project proposal)

From: Daniel Houghton (dasher@TEZ.NET)
Date: 03/10/98

Eric Green wrote:

> I have just started discussing with another DG imp about starting a
> bazaar style CircleMUD project.  The primary goal i was interested in
> was coverting it to C++ (much more object oriented than DG was).  After
> that, adding core features expected of current MUDs (OLC, events, etc)
> and improving the flexibility.
>
> For those unfamiliar with the bazaar development style, it is fairly
> open development.  A few developers accepting changes from a the
> community of users, with frequent snapshots of the code (or direct
> read-only access) between the stable releases.  See
> http://sagan.earthspace.net/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/ for details.
>
> We haven't decided on anything yet, but there is some interest there.

I'm familiar with exactly the paper you're referring to bud. :)  I
agree.  I think there are tons of features to be implemented and not
enough coders to do them if every one of us keeps re-inventing the
wheel.  Count me in - because once I get the base features set up in my
DG-based MUD, I want to flesh out that spell simming! :)

Now there's a project that just DEMANDS bazaar treatment.

        Daniel AKA Garadon