Memory Problems

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 03/11/98

Hey all,

I have a serious problem with my mud, and I don't really know where to
start to track it down.

Basically, the longer my mud is up and running the more and more RAM it
uses, but not just a little, it increases by quite a bit.

When the mud boots, it uses about 17 MB RAM but after being up constantly
for 18 hours, the RAM used by the mud increases to about 60. I thought at
first that the increase was due to zone resets, but I can't imagine no
matter what that it would lead to an additional 43 MB of RAM.

Basically I just need some pointers on how I can track down this problem,
either using UNIX tools or writing some C code. Either one I can do, I
just don't know what needs doing.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Rasdan

                                  /   \
        _                 )      ((   ))     (
       (@)               /|\      ))_((     /|\                 _
       |-|`\            / | \    (/\|/\)   / | \               (@)
       | | ------------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\--------------|-|
       | |  James C. Thomas Jr.   `\Y/'  Founder of Finality   |-|
       |-|            rasdan@finality.drachen.com              | |
       | |             finality.drachen.com 4000               |-|
                 l /   V           \ \       V   \ l           (@)
                                   `\ /'
                                     `