Re: [CODE] Improved Edit & OLC questions

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 03/11/98

>Another problem I have with OLC is the option of being able to make
>affected_bits and spell_affects with OLC. I wish to be able to set for
>example a pair of boots so that they give AFF_!TRACK to the wearer. Now, I
>must do this by hand in the .obj file, and that requires a reboot to work.
>Really irritating. And I also wish to be able to set some of my weapon to
>cast spells during combat (the wpn.w.spell.patch) from OLC.
>
>Anyone knows how to do this? I've looked through the code several times
>but I still can't get a clue of how to add these features.

I have done all of this.  The object affections is on the snippet site (you
just have to make it so the affect is set on the object in its file with a
new little #--Jeremy looks like he either planned for this or something sim-
ilar because affect_modify is already set up for them.

To do the olc, you need to basically copy the applies menu setup and duplicate
it for spells (I made a max of three weapon spells).  If TRULY necessary, I
can mail you various chunks of code I put into OLC AFTER you have put in the
snippets/patches.

My Stuff:

I kinda read through the code on the enchant weapon spell, and I'm not quite
sure how the affects placed on the object from that spell.  (This is SO
newbie.)  Does the rent file simply save this information?

-Bel.