Question about act()

From: Joe Momma (crush@MATISSE.CCUSA.NET)
Date: 03/11/98

   I've not touched do_simple_move, yet anytime someone enters the room,
the message "<NULL> has arrived." is sent to the room.  However, the code
in do_simple_move that immediately precedes this works perfectly
("<player> leaves <direction>").  Given that both parts of the function
use act() to display the movement message to the room, it would seem that
*ch is getting lost somehow.. but I'm completely boggled as to how or
where that could be happening.  I've already RTFC, but no luck.  Any
ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.