Re: BAZAAR

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 03/12/98

I still like the idea of having to pass the check multiple times
before actually gaining a percentage point in the skill.
I think this, in addition to your formula, would offer the players
a long time for growth and development.  It also helps to exagerate
skill specializiation.

The only place I see a problem with that is when it comes to spells.
Spells would have to fall under some other system.  I'm not sure I
really like the idea of spells being percentage based anyway.
Memorization is one possible solution.

Edward Glamkowski, Programmer           Mathematica Policy Research
EGlamkowski@mathematic-MPR.COM          Princeton, NJ
                http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/

"Dort, wo der Staat aufhort, da beginnt erst der Mensch,
        der nicht uberflussig ist..." -Neitzsche