Re: [CODE][BUG] Missed Pulses.

From: Steve (quickey@SOCIAL.GENOCIDE.NET)
Date: 03/12/98

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Matt Vail wrote:

>         Last question, could these problems be interrelated?  The missed
> pulses happen much less often than the latter problem.  Any reponse
> would be greatly appreciated.

  My suggestion to this problem is to take a look at possibly using a
profiler. Most likely if you use gcc you can compile the mud using the -pg
flag. (i.e. in the MYFLAGS= section of the makefile add -pg) then let the
mud run for a while (maybe a day or so)  and then restart it, and run
gprof or your other preferred profiler on the output file (usually
gmon.out).  I'm not 100% sure of the syntax (I haven't used it in quite a
while) but it does produce useful information such as how long in time/cpu
cycles it spends in each function. Its only drawback is that it doesn't do
C++ really well, atleast the version I had didn't.

Good Luck,

--
Steve
quickey@genocide.net