Re: str_dup, CREATE(), et al

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 03/15/98

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer wrote:

->what i've done is convert load_char() to accept
->char_data structure instead of char_file_u (thus eliminating them).
->but a problem i had was that load_char required char_data to already
->but allocated before anything could be done.

I take it then that you don't have any pointers in your char_data
structure and that you don't mind loading/saving a lot of useless
information?

There are a few very good reasons for CircleMUD using
char_file_u...Unless you'll fread()'ing and fwrite()'ing individual
fields, you probably need and want char_file_u.

->anyway, I was wondering if there is a better way to do this?

What are you trying to do with that specifically?  Any particular
reason why you're removing char_file_u?  What exactly is "memory
correct" supposed to mean, anyway?

-dak