Re: Problem with CON_DISCONNECT

From: d. hall (dhall@APK.NET)
Date: 03/17/98

// thus on Tue, 17 Mar 1998 08:00:02 -0800, Daniel virtually wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Angus Mezick wrote:
-> Stop teasing us, release 13 and start on 14..... That is it fixed on the
-> unreleased version helps no one except with maybe a warm fuzzy.

> I'm not an official spokesperson for Jeremy (or George for that
> matter), but the official line has always been: It'll be out when it
> is done, or when Jeremy says it is done.  If it's not done, then it
> won't be out.  I'd much rather have one release that fixed a great
> deal of the problems than have to manually patch one into my Circle
> code, then turn around two weeks later and patch it again.  So, just
> way and be patient about it.  Unless you've ever tried maintaining a
> public code base--or even putting one together--you have no right to
> snap at anyone.

> It's CircleMUD related...uhm...<ducking and running>

Which means you advocate the Cathedral style of programming.  If you
compare the gains of FSF Emacs vs. Linux, I wonder if that argument will
stand the test of time.

Personally having CircleMUD 3.0.99 Pre-Release Alpha-Beta-Gamma would be
sorta spiffy.

d.