Re: Problem with CON_DISCONNECT

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 03/17/98

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold wrote:

->        No ones snapping.

Certainly sounded like a snap to me.  To paraphrase with some degree
of accuracy, "...release bpl13 and start working on bpl14..." (and
that's not taken out of context).  I realize that he probably didn't
mean to come across that way, but he did.

->Unlike you, I would much rather install more smaller code updates
->then wait until 5 months worth of fixing all bug reports, and
->re-writing half of circle more efficiently, have been dumped on us.

First, don't state _my_ opinion for me, I believe I am fairly
articulate and capable of conveying my point without your help.

Second, I would rather spend 5 months working on making my game better
than 5 months adding a new patch every week or two.  If you've made it
to this point with all of those horrible bugs and appalling
inefficiencies that required half of CircleMUD to be rewritten over a
5 month span, you'll survive the little extra time and effort it'll
take you to update things.

The solution to this debate is already at hand, however.  George has
been more than willing to provide patches of bpl13 functionality.  So
I really don't see why you feel the overwhelming need to put George
and Jeremy into a more uncomfortable situation (reality check: they
are real people with real lives) and change a tried-and-true method.

And, BTW, I'm sick of all this "Cathedral"-BS.  People are not boolean
values, so stop trying to classify them as 0 or 1.

-dak : forgive me if I sound pissed-off at everyone...