Re: MSVC 5.0 Compile

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 03/18/98

George wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Gary Barnett wrote:
>
> >In act.other.c line 728:
> >
> >change:
> >struct stat fbuf ;
> >to:
> >struct _stat fbuf ;
>
> It's better to add '#define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1' to conf.h

My question here is:

If we are experiencing a problem with this, then why don't we nip it in
the butt and put #ifdef's in and a few other checks to make sure that
it'll cover itself?  Another thing, (doing this from my head and I can't
get to the file right now), what do you do if you don't have the include
file?  were gonna bomb over some small trivial function?(again, i can't
see the places it's actually at, but i've looked at this when it
originally came out, as i had this problem too)

To me, it's save many people's time/headaches/and suicidal tendencies
just to "throw in" a few checks for the include, and if no header file,
a workaround function.  I know this takes up somebody's time, but it's
not like it's an unknown bug to trace down or something...we know what
needs done.

anyways, that's my 2.175 cents worth