Re: MSP Sound

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 03/18/98

>i want to remove the !!MUSIC(xxxxx) e !!SOUND(xxxxxxxxx) from the buffer
>that will be sent to the player if he doesn't have a PRF_SOUNDS.
>
>wath is the fastest way to do it?
>i have a circle3pl12 with the easy color snippet

Actually, you have the whole system backwards.  The best way to do it is
to call a send_msp_sound function, and then if they have the flag on, it
sends, otherwise, it doesn't.  Trying to strip them from things is a heck
of a lot harder.  It's possible, but NOT easy.

If you want sounds in room descriptions, try this:  Make a 'code' to send
a MSP sound code, sort of like a color code.  Then, have it send it
through the send_msp_sound function again.

It takes planning to get a good MSP system to work, but the results are
well worth it.

"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press