Re: Problem with CON_DISCONNECT

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 03/19/98

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, George wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold wrote:

> >        What are you talking about? "Unlike you" is stating your opinion
> >for you? Get off it.
>
> 'Unlike you' implies that he doesn't agree with what you say after that,
> thus you are stating his opinion (against) for him.

        He does not agree with what I say, so what difference does it
make? However, I was mainly just putting myself away from his opinion. If
he feels threatened by that, then so be it.

> >        Survive it yes, but its ridiculous patching in a 407k patch by
> >hand. A bpl should not get that big.
>
> It happens occaisonally, even in the bazaar, look at Linux 2.1.x patches.

        Oh, I know it happens. But the difference here is that everyone is
not constantly tinkering with all the linux code, while Circle,
everyones constantly changing/fixing adding.

> >        An uncomfortable position? I am not following your logic at all. I
>
> An uncomfortable position in trying to find enough time in our lives to
> satisfy your need for frequent releases.

        That is uncomfortable. But you do the same thing already. Are you
uncomfortable right now?

> >realize George said he'd backport and include the major fixes on his page.
>
> Hopefully tonight if I stop lagging to cambot.

        Cool.

> I'd wager it's harder for Jeremy to release patches than to let them
> accumulate.  He has to make sure the patchlevel is created properly by his
> script so that you don't get a lib/etc/players in there by accident and
> other fun things.

        Definitely feasable.

> >        Learn to control yourself better then.
>
> He didn't say he was pissed off, just that he thought he sounded that way.
> I didn't think it sounded that way.

        I did, and since he was replying to my message, I took umbrage
with his tone.

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_