Re: GHOST

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 03/24/98

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, David Wiklund wrote:

>   When you die you do not leave a corpse and (as a result of that) you do
> not loose your eq. But what I wan't to do is that you convert into a ghost
> who can only do certain commandos. ex. who, mud (channel), whisper and the
> walk commands.
> And their aliases will also be disabled.

Sounds like Mediavia Cyberspace (I think that's the name). Interesting
idea, but tons of work from the looks of things.

> What I wonder is this... I want to add a new pos, POS_GHOST, but I started
> wondering if I have to add that at the POS_DEAD place and move the others
> up a bit cause now you got in some functions
> "something" > POS_STANDING {

Ick! Don't make it a position. What if a ghost gets bashed and set to
POS_SITTING?!? Make it a player flag like PLR_GHOST. This will indicate
that the player is a ghost, but won't munge the POS_XXXX settings.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke