Function for centering text

From: Chris Hyde (slugger@CRYOGEN.FERRIS.EDU)
Date: 03/26/98

Hello again =)

I used the same formula that is used in the autowiz code, but it still
will not work.  The autowiz uses a call to fputc(), and that requires as
an argument a FILE stream to write to.  I tried using puts(), printf(),
etc, and it still doesn't work(crashes with a seg fault).  I am trying to
get it to work as a console program before incorporating it into my MUD
code, but am having no luck.  Does anyone know of another way to write
strings to the screen that I havent tried?  I realize that once
incorporated, it will have to work with the send_to_char(), but I can
tackle that later.

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Llewelyn

P.S. - if anyone wonders why I'm trying to do this, I started because I
originally thought it would be an easier way to center things like menus
and the score display on a users screen.  I am beginning to think that I
thought wrong though. ;)