Re: George's patches

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 03/30/98

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Edward Glamkowski wrote:

>Suggestion first:  In the animate dead patch, George defines an
>IS_CORPSE macro which he then uses in the spell.  This is all well and
>good, but in fact, this macro can used elsewhere.  Specifically in
>limits.c and one other place that I can't remember off the top of my
>head (act.item.c?)

I would have, but that wasn't the intention of the patch to use that
everywhere.  I _did_ use that macro in the appropriate places in bpl13
though.

>Bugs:  In one patch (forget which one, sorry), he changes sleep to
>sleep_b in a given function.  However, there is a macro defined just
>before the function which uses sleep.  It is changed throughout the
>function, but not in the macro.

I've compiled and run all of the patches I can think of, see if you can
figure out which one. (Probably a quick 'grep' for 'sleep_b')

>BTW, I couldn't some of the stock patches to patch into clean stock
>circle (patch level 11 OR 12).

Some of them build off previous patches. (The name 'stockXX.patch
originally meant something that should be patched in for just about
everyone but I have since changed to using a yellow star.)