Re: [CODE] Crashing

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 03/31/98

peter hartman wrote:

> Hello and Greetings:
>   The following code is my do_players code.  What it should do is
> simply list off all the player names in the player file.  For some
> odd reason, anytime someone does it, it will crash the mud shortly
> thereafter.  I haven't been able to figure out a way to get gdb to
> narrow down the exact lines that crash it, but I do know when
> someone calls do_players, then it will crash.  If anyone has ideas,
> please let me know.  (Even gdb hints and tips would be helpful).

There's no shortage of gdb information available, and every effort
has been made to eliminate questions such as this from the list.
With the majority of Circle information all pooled together in such
a tight community, I'm constantly amazed by the inability to locate
such things.  Perhaps you need only to *look* to find...

>   .
>   .
>   .
>   send_to_char(buf, ch);

You realize that you're making this harder on yourself than it need
be.  CircleMUD already has an in-memory player index that has the
players name and idnum.  Use it.  Abuse it.

-dak