Re: [CODE] Autodiag

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/02/98

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Thomas Smith wrote:

> Ok, i tried to put in the autodiag code from the snippits site.  It went
> in fine, compliled fine, but when you kill the creature the mud crashes
> and I have no clue why.  Does anyone have a fix for this or a better
> autodiag code?

I've seen people say the same about that patch/snippet...

I think it stems form the fact that it's trying to diag something that no
longer exists.

Somewhere before the diag code is called (or right at the top of it), you
need to have something similar to:

  if (!vict)
    return

I've never seen the code, so I can't be more specific, sorry.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke