Re: [CODE] A First Aid Snippit

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/08/98

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Thomas Smith wrote:

>   one_argument(argument, arg);
  /* Make sure they typed something! */
  if (!*arg) {
    send_to_char("You can't give first aid to nobody!\r\n", ch);
    return;
  }

  /* Make sure they have the skill */
  if (!GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_AID)) {
    send_to_char("You don't know how to do that!\r\n", ch);
    return;
  }

>     if (!(vict = get_char_room_vis(ch, arg))) {
>       send_to_char("Administer first aid to whom?\r\n", ch);
>       return;
>     }

/* snip */

>   percent = number(1, 101);     /* 101% is a complete failure */
>   prob = GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_AID);
>
>   if (percent > prob) {

   /* Save some memory. Lose the variables */
   /* Replace the above three lines with the following one. */
   if (number(1, 101) > GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_AID))

        Your function looked great, but you asked on how we might improve
on it, so there are the improvements that I would have made if I were to
use the function. I'd use the function too, but I already have it coded
under the name do_bind. :)

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke