Re: OLC, MOBs, and classes

From: Brian (brian@IMI-BOTTLING.COM)
Date: 04/08/98

-----Original Message-----
From: Neal Lahndorff <stulahnd@ACS.EKU.EDU>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Wednesday, April 08, 1998 12:47 PM
Subject: Re:  OLC, MOBs, and classes

>On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Brian wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if anyone has changed their code from the spec_assign
format
>> of assigning classes to MOBs, into a method where you can add a class to
>> MOB through OLC.
>>
>quick and dirty version, add an e-spec for Class: <some number here> and
>simple have a default version, something like CLASS_DUMMY defined in
>structs.h for generic mobs and as a placeholder so the mud will have a
>meaningful value while you edit your already existing mobs, follow the
>parse_enhanced_mob thread of code in db.c to see how to add one of these.
>
>As far as making the mob do something in combat based on his class, that
>does take a little work, i just made a mob_class_combat function that
>randomly picked a skill and a spell, then checked for the mobs class, and
>if they were a spellcaster, and they knew the spell that popped up, they
>cast it, and if they don't, their opponent got lucky.. this round. If you
>really need a hand with the code, i can probably cut enough of mine out to
>do you some good, although i've got a lot more added that what you're
>asking for..

That would be very helpful if you had the time.  The whole point of going
through this is the reason you gave... I want MOBs to cast spells and use
skills of their class during combat (or even through DG scripts/triggers
later on).

Also, since I'm a little new at this, I don't know what an e-spec for class
is... I guess I'll do a little back reading in the archives to try to
figure that one out.

Thanks for your response, and any help you can provide!

 - Brian