Re: Code bases

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 04/19/98

>Envy - A Merc derivative, unsupported

Hate to disagree with you Chris, but actually, it still is supported.  I
happen to be on a MUD where the site admin is he who codes Envy.  He
tends to use the MUD as idea sources for improvements for Envy (and
remarkably, the MUD is CircleMUD based....although it's one of those
that's hard to tell)  He may not update it terribly often, but he does.
Also, MERC, and ENVY were derrived along a different line than Circle.
Circle was designed for expandability and ease of use in mind, MERC and
ENVY were designed for efficiency and speed, with little concern for ease
of programming.  Personally, I think a nice cross of Circle & Envy would
make a great code base.  :)

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press