Re: Newbie

From: Chris Hyde (slugger@CRYOGEN.FERRIS.EDU)
Date: 04/19/98

> I also am cursed with a server that re-boots every day at a regular
> time, so I have to re-run my mud.  Has anyone got an idea how to get
> around this?  I asked my sysadmin and he suggested something called a
> "cron job"  Until about 2 months ago I didn't know what UNIX was, let
> alone how to run a mud...I have no idea what a cron job is or how to do
> it, or if it'll even help me keep my mud up.

By referring to a CRON JOB, the sysadmin basically means adding in the
path to your MUDs executable to the bootup scripts, so that it will
automatically restart whenever the server does(belive me, CRON is more
complicated than that, and with it you can actually set things to run/be
checked every day, hour, etc...but you get the idea).  As far as I know,
however, your sysadmin has to add you to the CRON list.  Give him/her the
path to your MUDs executable and they should be a ble to set it up for
you.

Llewelyn of ERENDOR