Re: Quinn!!!

From: Ron Cole (rcole@EZY.NET)
Date: 04/20/98

>so I am going to investigate this throughly. Please, everyone, beware of this
>Quinn, he could destroy your mud, make regular backups and don't keep them on

Or better yet, don't give that kind of access to someone you haven't known for
quite some time.  Generally, before you promote someone to a rank that gives
them file access, you should either know them in real life, or they should have
invested a *lot* of time in your mud as a player.  People can hide their
intentions fairly well behind the mask of the net, but generally, their true
personality will leak through over time.  I doubt this Quinn person would spend
hundreds of hours playing your mud just to get file access long enough to pull
these pranks.

Ron