Re: Circlemud design issues

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 04/21/98

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Patrick J. Dughi wrote:

>> That hasn't been changed because people don't type fast enough for that to
>> cause any significant slowdown.  Although if anyone has a clean
>> implementation for it, it may be considered.
>
>        Define clean implementation?
>
>        Any sort of additional functionality? Socials will be sorted with
>low lookup-priority.  Other than that?

Keep it stock-oriented, don't get too fancy, and make it understandable.

There's quite a bit of good additions out there right now that we cannot
put in because they are extensive changes.  If you do too much, it'll be
after 3.0, if it's a trivial change, it may go into 3.0.

Although I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for new features to get into
3.0, most will be after it's done. :)