Re: [LIST] Idea / Request

From: Tony Maro (tmaro@TACSYS.COM)
Date: 04/21/98

Chuck,

What would be the point?  The reason those flames happen is because this
list is for people who PROGRAM their own CIRCLE MUDS.  Not newbies
who want to know how to kill a giant rat easier.  If you can't ask intelligent
programming questions, then you don't need to be programming your own
MUD!  Learn the basics first!  Like you said - this list AND mud programming
in general is NOT for people who have never read a C book.

This is not directed at you personally Chuck.  I'm sure you are a veteran C
programmer.  I also know that even the best programmer will occasionally
ask a stupid question - and flames aren't deserved.  But to admit that you
have never read a C book but want to program a MUD in C?  That's a bit
ludicrous, don't you think?  Pointers alone would leave your head spinning.

Now a list for just admins and gods...  That would be something! (no coding
would be covered - just world design and object manipulation.)  Of course
you can't consider yourself only an admin by installing a stock Circle and
trying to compile it.  If you don't understand C, don't compile Circle!

Okay, so I agree with you.

-Tony