Re: Weather zones.

From: Judson Powers (powers@RJSONLINE.NET)
Date: 04/23/98

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 10:18 PM, Patrick J. Dughi <mailto:dughi@IMAXX.NET>
wrote:
>        Gosh, wouldn't it be keen if you had a mud laid on on an actual
>grid or map such that you could impose not just per-zone climate changes,
>but mud-wide season-based weather _patterns_.  Or is there a way to push
>this through the current disjointed connectivety of zones that I haven't
>taken the trouble to see, aside from much intervention from Immorts..
>
>        Maybe some sort of .. How about this:
<snip>

Well, that system's a bit complicated... but you could have temperature
categories, like [hot, warm, cool, cold], in which the temperature did a
little random walk.  Then have the categories change regularly based on mud
date.
Using a six-month system as an example:
  Month 1: hot
  Month 2: warm
  Month 3: cool
  Month 4: cold
  Month 5: cool
  Month 6: warm

Add some more climatic stuff and have zones start in different categories.

Judson Powers                 Morgaelin MUD
powers@rjsonline.net          telnet://mud.dwango.com:3000/

"Friends help you move... real friends help you move bodies."