Re: Circlemud design issues + OBcircle slaying

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 04/27/98

At 09:33 AM 4/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>John, cute flame but where the hell is the ontopic part of the message.  this
>type of thing should either be sent through personal mail or with an
OBcircle so
>it isn't a complete waste of the other 400 people on the list's time.  Go
you.

Here I say bleh.  I'm so tired of that thread.

>that little OBthingy:
>
>Assuming that mob races and classes are coded, how would be the best way
to code
>a generic weapons of race or class slaying?  I was thinking of using weapon
>applies and having the modifier mean something.  Can anyone think of a better
>way to do this?

That would be one way to do it.  I'm working (actually I'm going to start,
after
my siege command and trigger olc is done) on something similar, along the
lines
of "elemental" weapons and some such.  I'm also thinking on an Wspec for
weapon
effects.

<message when weapon goes off>~
AFF_FLAG1 2 3~