Re: [LIST] Idea / Request

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 04/27/98

At 04:49 PM 4/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Chuck Reed wrote:
>>
>> I really think that there should be two circle mailing lists.  One for
>> novice coders/admins where they can ask those stupid questions that get
>> flamed here.  I understand that this list is not for coders who have never
>>

>I agree, there should be a NEWBIE mailing list. Or atleast one that
>those asking
>the simpler questions or topics other than stuff like the recent
>Designing discussion.
>Since I have no clue as to what they are mostly talking about.. I dont
>bother reading them.
>Not to say they are not of topic or they dont have useful information
>for the more
>experienced of coders. Its just way above my head.
>
>Would think it would be nice to have a few experienced coders on the
>list that would be willing
>to answer even the stupidest questions..
>Then again.. the only stupid questions are those that are not asked.

In a month or so I plan on colocating a server at the ISP I work at... T-3 +
multiple T-1s and frame clouds. At that time I will be running two domains,
two muds, and... why the hell not a listserv? =) So if someone doesnt go and
do it before I do... keep my addy at hand.

Speaking of which... what are your recommendations regarding hardware?
Current plans are:

P-133, 32M RAM, 2G HD, Net Card.

OS: Slackware linux (what kernel version recommended? Thinking of 2.0.33).

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004