Re: Changing thac0 to 100 die

From: Fili (cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET)
Date: 04/28/98

Personally, I rewrote the thac0 t0 use 100 ac and in doing so divided the
classes up as follows:
NOTE: I have 101 levels with immorting being impossible

Magic Users (thaco 195-100):
Necromancers
Clerics
Mages

Semi-Magic Users (thaco 195-60):
Theives
Dark Knights (anti-paladins)
Paladins
Rangers

Warrior (thaco 195-25):
Warriors

As you can see, noone gets 200 thaco or 0 thaco due to the fact that 1) At a low
level most newbie mobs have an ac of 95 or above (I use a 100 - -100 system,
btw) and 2) Noone should have a really easy time killing every mob in the game
:)

PS - Please personally email me the version/patchlevel of the code you use as
then I might be able to give you something to help convert the tables.

Fili