Re: error help

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 04/28/98

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Ryan Stucl wrote:

>> how do i make a spec proc that will make a obj do a act("$p humms")????
>>
>>  SPECIAL(hum)
>>  {
>>    struct obj_data *obj = (struct obj_data *) me;
>>
>>    if (!number(0, 100))
>>      act("$p hums.", FALSE, 0, obj, 0, TO_ROOM);
>>    return 1;
>   }
>>
> this seems to work BUT when i load the object it is assigned to it will
>not let me do anything AT ALL. not quit not reboot not goto nothing works!
>whats wrong!!!

Simple, you don't know how special procedures work.  Read up on
spec_procs.c.

Basically, every command someone types in a room gets filtered through all
of the present special procedures first.  What you're telling the command
interpreter is that you have handled the command and to not execute it
further.  It will obviously return that it handled every command so you may
want to look at Puff to see how she doesn't stop people from doing
commands.