Re: More Directions Please [NEWBIE]

From: JWoodsIII (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 04/29/98

In a message dated 98-04-29 15:38:49 EDT, Tris writes:

<< Does anyone know of any contributed code to add additional directions in
 such as ne,se,sw,nw (in and out would also be useful although not
 essential) - and are there any Editors that allow for these additional
 directions? (Or am I out in the wilderness on this one *gulp*)

 Are there any plans to add this functionality into the core code?

 Does anyone know why these directions are generally left out of all the
 public domain mud servers, as it surely makes for more realistic worlds?

 Cheers in advance

 -=Tris=- >>

This worked for me...sort of... Use one of those programs that searches an
entire directory of files for a certain string. VC++ 5.0 has one, for example.
Search for SCMD_NORTH, then open up all the files that have #define
SCMD_NORTH..., find the line, and add in SCMD_NORTHEAST, SCMD_SOUTHEAST,
SCMD_SOUTHWEST, SCMD_NORTHWEST, and you should be fine... It SEEMED to work
for me, sort of. :-P

-JW