Re: More Directions Please [NEWBIE]

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 04/30/98

Daniel Koepke wrote:
> Well, I assumed that because most CircleMUDs I've seen don't have

You know what they say about the word "Assume"??

> I completely disagree with this design philosophy.  It's much easier
> to add things than to remove them (in general), and CircleMUD

It is MUCH easier to not use the exits than it is to add them in.
How much coding does it take NOT to use something?

> shouldn't start supplying features and saying, "Take them out if you
> don't want them."  It's for the MUD coder to add features like this if
> they want them, not Jeremy.

Tell Microsoft this fact! :)

And, the designers have the final say on what goes in and what doesn't..
Please don't make that choice for them/him (Doesn't George work on the
code also?).

> Well, IRL, unless you have a compass or can tell direction by the
> position of stars or the sun, you don't move using the cardinal
> directions at all.  And frankly, there's no reason to add "northeast"
> if it's just going to be the same as "n;e".

Everyone has thier oppinions and so far, I have only seen two against
it.. and several for it.. other things to consider.. some muds may have
trouble installing the extra exits, and or have not put them in, or you
just were not in an area which utilized them. Who knows..