Re: struct char_data *ch in GDB

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 05/02/98

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Ed Wrotniewski wrote:

->Under GDB, when it reports the contents of a variable that is a pointer
->(struct char_data *ch) it obviously shows you the memory address that ch
->pointed to. Is there any way to examine that memory address and see what
->exactly ch was? So if a mob is crashing the mud by doing something, I can
->see what mob it was exactly.

'print *ch' I believe.  Also, 'print ch->player.name' should work, and
you can even do, 'print ch->in_room' to find out where they were when
the game crashed.

-dak