Re: Progress of New Database Parser

From: JWoodsIII (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 05/03/98

In a message dated 98-05-03 06:07:21 EDT, Fear writes:

<< At the moment, the following features are finished or nearly finished:

 * C-style comments
 * Streaming
 * Strings are stored within "" and other " and special chars
 (newlines/etc) are \'d (backslash-escaped).
 * Searches for a keyword (single word), followed by an '='.  Ignores
 strays (those not followed by an '=' but rather another keyword), with
 error-reporting (also known as error recovery :-).
 * Ignores white space except when necessary (i.e, in strings) >>

I like your idea a lot. But I have a feature idea that hopefully isn't too
difficult...what if you made it check files to see if they're the old WLD
style first? Maybe you already have this. But it would make life a lot easier
for implementors who already have a lot of zones. Who would want to go around
changing each individual room? You know? :-)

-JW