[CODE] [QUESTION] Fighting procedure

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 05/04/98

Hmm... I did something like this. It was inspired by Dan K.'s post a while back
about a speed based combat system.  (i think it is on the snippet site (it
should be))
* You increase the fight check from once every 2 seconds to once every .5
seconds.
* Add a time to next hit to the non-saved player struct.
* in fight.c:perform_violence() if(next_hit >0) {next_hit--;continue;}
* in fight.c:hit() right at the beginning calculate the next time this person
will attack.
* base this time off of dex, a bit of randomness, AFF_SLOW/HASTE, how much the
char is wearing/holding, how much move the char has, how heavy the weapon is
compared to the char's weapons limit, whether or not the char succeeds his extra
attack skill_rolls, and so forth.  I also add another half to damage if the char
is at 15%HP and 2/3 damage is the char is at 15% or less move.

I still have some timing issues with this system (the turns can take a while
some time) but it works wonderfully.
--Angus