Re: [AD + GAMEPLAY] Set standards for gameplay

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 05/04/98

> Objs are harder. I have 50 levels. I broke down the objs into 6 power
> levels:
>  1 - 10: Newbie
> 11 - 20: Experienced
> 21 - 30: Average
> 41 - 50: Expert
>   Quest: Most Powerful and usually unique

for objects, we decided to use a credit type system. for example, every
item gets the level restriction in credits that can be spent to give the
object advantages (plusses to dam, str, etc). also, credits can be gained
by giving disadvantages. this is not used for eq meant to be used by less
than level 10, and newbie eq is approved on a per case basis..but it works
pretty well for greater than 10..hrm..here's the actual template that we
give to our builders..

siv
--| included file |--
Please Read This Message Completely.

Object Credit Template. Version 2.0

Introduction: The following is a detailed series of charts for object
construction on the cyberenet mud.  It is based on a point system, with
the base number of points being based precisely on the level restriction
of the object.  Example:  Level 27 restricted item has 27 points to
distribute.  You may use up to all of these points to, essentially, buy
different traits for your object.  The tricky part is, you may also give
negatives to gain more points.  Some of the traits are cumulative,
meaning that you can give the bonus, or negative, to the item over and
over for the same number of credits.  Some, on the other hand, are
not cumulative, as each new amount has a new point value on an incremental
scale.  The following scales will illustrate more cleary.

A) Non-Wieldable PC Equipment

Format: (Amount of Bonus)  (Type of Bonus)  (Cost/Bonus In Credits)
Note:Negative credits means take it away from credit total, while a positive
credit amount should be added to credit total.

1 Damroll -10           -1 Damroll +5
2 Damroll -25           -2 Damroll +15
3 Damroll -50           -3 Damroll +30
4 Damroll -80           -4 Damroll +50
5 Damroll -120          -5 Damroll +75

1 Hitroll -10           -1 Hitroll +5
2 Hitroll -20           -2 Hitroll +10
3 Hitroll -35           -3 Hitroll +20
4 Hitroll -65           -4 Hitroll +35
5 Hitroll -105          -5 Hitroll +55

-1 AC = -1  (Negative AC helps your AC, this is not ac-apply)
+1 AC = +1

+1 AC-Apply = -3  (Positive AC-Apply helps your ac and can be multiplied
-1 AC-Apply = +1   by certain positions on the body.)

+10 Maxhit  = -15       -10 Maxhit  = +7
+10 Maxmana = -7        -10 Maxmana = Is Not Permitted.
+10 Maxmove = -2       -100 Maxmove = +5

For each class you would like to be able to use the piece of equipment
you must pay with credits.

Warrior  = 0    Shadowen      = 0
Thief    = 1    Assassin      = 1
Paladin  = 1    Dark Knight   = 1
Ranger   = 2    Elementalist  = 3
Monk     = 3    Magic User    = 3
Cleric   = 3    Supreme Magus = 4

Some packages are allowed:
All Fighter (WA, SH, TH, AS, PA, DK, RA, MO) = 6
All Mage    (EL, MU, CL, SM) = 11
Everyone    (ALL) = 17

Attributes:

+1 Strength  = -25      -1 Strength  = +15
+1 Dexterity = -20      -1 Dexterity = +10

B) Non-Bow Weapon Scale:
Weapons, with the exception of the bow get a number of credits equal to
half their level restriction rounding up the loss. Also, damroll
modification, + or - is not allowable on any piece of equipment under any
circumstances.  The following scale shows the approximate average damage
a weapon should have based on its level.

Level           Avg_Dam
  1                5
 10               10
 20               15
 30               20
 40               25
 50               30
 60               35
 70               40
 80               45
 90               50
100               55

C) Bow Scale:
Note: Modifications to bow hitroll and/or damroll is not permitted.  The
level restriction of the bow divided by 3 is the number of base credits
available for distribution on non-hitroll/damroll traits.  The following
scale shows the approximate hitroll of bows of varying levels.  This
hitroll may not be traded in for more credit and must adhere fairly
closely to the following:

Level     Hitroll
  1          2
 10          5
 20         10
 30         15
 40         20
 50         25
 60         30
 70         35
 80         40
 90         45
100         50

Arrow Average Damage Template:
Note: Arrows are a special item, similiar to wands in that they have a
certain amount of charges.  When a ranger holds a bundle of arrows and
wields a bow in battle, each round another charge/arrow is used until
there are none left and the archer must grab a new bundle.  The level
restriction of each bundle should be about 10 levels lower than the level
of PC buying the item.  Example: A level 30 ranger should be allowed to
save up and purchase a level 40 bundle of arrows if he/she save up enough
gold, but not much beyond that.  The following scale shows the level,
average damage, and the cost per each arrow.  The number of arrows in the
bundle is at your discression but keep in mind the cost may get too high
for PC's and we want to have them grabbing new bundles fairly often. The
tenative limit for maximum charges per bundle is 100.

Note on Restricting Items: Please restrict each item within 5 levels of
the mob that has it, or the area in which it is found/purchased.  Also,
do not leave powerful eq in the inventory of poewrful mobs as it can get
stolen.

Additional:  Never, under any circumstances should you add a permenant
affection to a piece of equipment without verified implementor consent.
Regardless, if it is Perm_sanc or Perm_infravision, you need special
permission to add it to a piece of equipment.