Re: [NEWBIE] Vamp stuff (was: really long subj.)

From: Owen Brodal-Robertson (firemage@ZIP.COM.AU)
Date: 05/06/98

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Daniel Koepke wrote:

> Dare I say it?  RTFC.

I AM RingTFC (I knew someone would say that as soon as I sent the message).

Thanks for your code. I DO know where to put it.

> Of course, you have to put that in the right place...
>
> -dak

Ok, this wasn't just a useless spam message in reply, I actually do have a
semi-serious question:

I expanded my set of levels to 60 (6 immortal levels and 54 mortal ones),
in the level_exp function, it has a bunch of case statements returning exp
values, could I replace them with the following code?

case CLASS_WARRIOR:
    if (level != 0)
      if (level != 1)
        if (level != 2)
          return curr_exp * (level/100) + 1;
        else
          return 2000;
      else
        return 1;
   else
    return 0;
break;

now it compiles, but I have this REALLY bad feeling that I've gone and
done something really dumb...

What I want, is to make it so that every level's exp is determined as a
percentage of the previous level (i.e. level 20 would require 120% of the
exp level 19 required. I hope that makes sense).

If I've done something wrong, can someone stamp me with a 'STUPID NEWBIE'
stamp, and help me out?

Thanks.