Re: [CODE] Events - My ch pointer has been violated! :)

From: Chuck Reed (creed@I-55.COM)
Date: 05/07/98

>I didn't see anything wrong with the rest of the posted code, but the
>symptom mentioned (dereferenced ch) is a little vague.  Since this is
>something which causes death, make sure there's no way any code tries to
>access ch after the character is killed.
>
>This would be a good time to learn how to use your debugger's
>single-stepping feature, since it's such a small amount of code to step
>through.

What happens is that ch is not a valid parameter to the

act("Blah", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
die(ch, NULL);

and other ch referenced calls in EVENTFUNC(timed_dt).  As soon as event_obj
is passed to EVENTFUNC, ch is screwed.

Chuck Reed     | "Jesus saves . . . . he passes to Moses.  |
creed@i-55.com |  Moses shoots, HE SCORES!"    -Unknown    |