Spells and Races -or- Body Parts patch and a "Newbie MOTD"

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 05/17/98

I looked at the body parts documentation and it seemed it was just what
I wanted.  And, as documented it was, but the patch didn't work.  Of
course, I decided I should have hand patched it anyway, so I
hand-patched it in and now I have working race/class/guilds.  The
relevance of this?  Spells and races.

Let's say I'm running through the forest and I run into a tree.  Now
that that's done with, let's say I'm writing a spell that would change
the players race (thus giving them a polymorph like form--in this case,
octomorph, eight arms for weapons).  I can't figure out how to make it
so it will set the _RACE_ and then unaffect it later.  I've been coding
all day, so I've read plenty of f*cking code (RPOFC?), so something like
that can be held in.

---

Newbie MOTD:
o Always pay attention when coding.  Being half asleep and leaving out
commas can be a pain (especially in constants.c, because it doesn't
complain in the arrays there).

o Seek out a helpful person who will help you with your code.  You're
most likely going to find one in a person that releases code or is
generally helpful to everyone.

---

I offered up a guilds.patch at some point, but was at work when I
received the e-mails so I gave up.  I'm willing to hand out the
"half-done" patch, (I've finished it, but already customized my MUD to
my storyline, and I hate it when storylines are stolen) which you can
take as a project and try to manipulate.  There were only a few bugs,
per se, and some hackish areas.  Anyway, I'm really sleepy, so this is
probably hardly even readable.  (I think legible is a better word, but,
then again, I can't remember if it's a real word or not at this point.)

-B.  (Don't you love the Bullwinkle-and-Rocky-esque subject header?)