Re: Netiquette? [OFF TOPIC]

From: JWoodsIII (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 05/18/98

<< Yes, the list is being abused by ppl like Quinn and
 JWoodsIII who want the collective presence to write their
 MUDs for them.  This isn't what the list is for, and they are
 being treated with the contempt they deserve, plus a hearty
 dose of RTFC/M/F.  But you cannot sit there and tell everyone
 to "shut it with the stupid questions" when some of the newbs
 may have some valid ideas, and problems that aren't your
 standard, oops, I forgot a brace type problems. >>

Ouch...that kind of hurt. First of all, I believe Quinn has written a number
of patches himself, and released them to the public. Supposedly pretty good
ones too.
And no, you people certainly are NOT writing my MUD for me. You have no idea
what's going on behind the scenes. And I'm not going to share it until the MUD
is on the web. I'm sorry if I happen to be a newbie. But I learn by looking at
other people's code and flipping things around. And I AM learning pretty
fast... last week I didn't know what sh_int and int were. ;-)
Besides which...the one major RTFC I got was not code for my MUD anyway. Not
only am I working on a MUD of my own (in the background for another 2-3 years
or so, I expect), but in the foreground I am a builder on Renegade Knights,
and doing my best to not only write descriptions and a zone, but also add
spec_procs for it. The IS_WEARING code I requested was for that zone.

Sorry for the long e-mail.

-JW (aka Elrelet)