Re: [FIX REQUEST] Races & Body Parts

From: Owen Brodal-Robertson (firemage@ZIP.COM.AU)
Date: 05/18/98

-----Original Message-----
From:   Eduo [SMTP:eduo@CIATEQ.MX]
Sent:   Tuesday, May 19, 1998 9:27 AM
To:     CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
Subject:         [FIX REQUEST] Races & Body Parts

> Hello

Hiya

> I had been thinking about implementing diferring races on the mud
> (diferring in shape) and then someone posted the race_body.diff file to
> the ftp. I saw it as a good starting point but I can't seem to make it
> work. It doesn't seem to work even on stock circle.

Yeah, I got this patch sent to me by the original author, I can't answer
your latter questions (because I decided to code my own race body parts
instead of reviewing and modifing code that someone else did),
but I can tell you, if you search through the race_body.diff file, and replace
all the diff -uprn (not sure if that's the exact string, some of the letters in the
'-uprn' part were uppercase if I remeber correctly), with diff -c, and then repatch
you shouldn't have any bugs, except maybe one that doesn't know which file to patch
the file is structs.h.

Oops, I've just realised I've sent this mail to the whole list, oh well,
better to let everyone know than just the select few :)

Owen.
FireMage Dragon -=(UDIC)=-