Re: Lack of core dumps.

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 05/25/98

On Mon, 25 May 1998, John Evans wrote:

->spear@pangea:~/mud$ ulimit -a
->core file size (blocks)  1000000

->As you can see, quotas are off and core dumps are allowed. I have tried
->increasing the core file size with no good results. Could someone please
->point out something that I may have overlooked or been ignorant of.

I would do a "ulimit -c unlimited" and see if it still has a problem.
If you're still not getting a core dump, then it may be a case of
shells.  Are you using bash or sh ...?

->PS: Kernel: 2.0.32 (don't teardrop me or I'll pee on you. [haven't had
->time to upgrade to 2.0.33 w/patches])

Denial of service attacks are pretty stupid, IMO.

ObCircle: Moved to another message -- really long ... :)

-dak