Re: [Newbie] Mud hanging ..

From: James Turner (turnerjh@XTN.NET)
Date: 05/28/98

Pure Krome <pure@SPRINT.COM.AU> writes:

> the player is deleted fine. I relog straight back in, and create the
> same char (a char with the same name). It goes to the end of the login
> steps in interpreter.c (nanny funct) and then hangs.
>
> Using gdb, i press cntl-c and it prints this out...

> any suggestions where to go. If have NO idea how to use gdb to debug
> this.
> I thought there was some sorta of loop that isn't terminating (infinite
> loop), but the mud fails to say - lost 30 seconds of input or whatever
> the 30 seconds loop report line says ....

My guess is that the character is in the room list twice.  Do "display
to" then "next" several times and watch for repeated values of the to
variable.  If that is a problem, then you probably have done something
like called char_to_room twice, or didn't call char_from_room (though
the latter I suspect isn't the case since the player is just enterring
the game).

Perhaps you didn't ever call char_to_room... but I suspect it would
hang if that were the case.

--
James Turner               turnerjh@xtn.net
                           http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~turnerjh/