Re: [CODE] [QUESTION] spec_proc problem.

From: Leonardo Herrera L. (leherrer@ENTELCHILE.NET)
Date: 05/31/98

cKc wrote:

> I added the code from portal.spell.. as a stand alone spec proc.  here is
> where I am running into a weird problem.
>
> I set up my obj to have a obj_flag.value[0] of 3001.. but when I create
> the obj and step into it.. i come out at a totally different room other
> than 3001.   in fact.. the only vnum that works in 0, 1 and 2..
> any clue why this is happening?

> SPECIAL (portal)
> {
[...]
>     char_from_room(ch);
>     char_to_room(ch, port->obj_flags.value[0]);

  The code is using real room numbers (the index in the world[] array).
If you want to use virtual numbers (such 3001 for the temple of Midgaard
(I think)), you must use the real_room function.

in db.h:

int real_room ( int virtual );

And, please, put a [NEWBIE] tag in the subject.

--
Leonardo Herrera L.
mailto:leherrer@entelchile.net