Re: FreeBSD and connection limit.

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 06/01/98

Ok, found the problem. (it was fixed in 3.0)  In 2.2 the first thing it does is
look for the variable OPEN_MAX in sys/something.h. If the variable exists it
uses its value, otherwise it goes on to more sane checking.  3.0 first uses
rlimit or getrlimit (i forget) and then will check OPEN_MAX if that fails.  Just
had to port in 3.0's get_avail_descs code and it worked.  Sigh, what a little
pain.
--Angus