Re: [QUESTION] Locate Object

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 06/02/98

At 10:01 PM 6/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Ryan Stapleton wrote:
>
>>I just saw the change log for locate object, in 3bpl13
>>about locate object, and how it dosnt work correctly on the name.
>>
>>I have made a modification to my pl12 code that lets it work
>>a lot nicer if anyone hasnt done this already?
>>(or so I think nicer)  if anyone wants to see this let me know
>
>How's it work?

In equoria, I also made the naming of the spell work properly. I'm on
vacation and not diving into source code, but I remember I made a
(eek) special global with the argument typed in by the caster, and the
manual spell looks for matches on that argument instead of on the
namelist of the first match found. All-in-all, it was maybe 10 minutes
of work and added 64 bytes of static data to my mud.