Re: [HELP] BPL13 LOADING GAME

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 06/05/98

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, George wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Christopher Avans wrote:
>
> >> Leave it run for over 3 minutes and see what happens.
>
> (For the checkpoint timer, if anyone wondered.)
>
> >Both of the above good advise also if again if have unix open another
> >wondopw and type top and watch the process % vs the memory %
>
> While booting the MUD will have high processor time used anyway. Unless,
> of course, the processor time is at 0%, then you have a large problem.

Chuckle yeah 0 would be a large problem. But i did say watch, yes it would
ue large process speed. but it should use like a 5.0 or less of memory
while around like 60 % or greater. This is very ruff numbers if your ratio
differs greater from this though you prob in a parse meltdown. like 98%
and no memory or 70% and 99 memory
also try to just kill it and reboot again.

> >O yeah I rarly post here and read mail once a week, and I would like to
> >take a few lines to say that is funny people whining about bpl13's
> >problems. I dont use bpl12 or will I, but this is a free software with
> >comercial like support. Think on that

> Yup, try talking directly to one of the Windows 95 developers. :P
>
> And if anyone would like to BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) a Windows NT 4.0
> Server (and probably workstation) with Service Pack 3 installed, try this:
>
> 1) Create a network shared printer on LPT1.
> 2) Reroute LPT1 to the above printer.   (Just made infinite loop.)
> 3) Print something and listen to hard drive thrash.
> 4) Go to Device Control Panel and stop the 'ParVdm' service. (Think that's
> the one, if not try 'Parallel' or the other printer related one.)
> 5) Enjoy your BSOD.
>
> Ah well, such is software.

I never reduce my self to using NT. DOWN WITH BILL